Richard Pigula advises on most aspects of civil and commercial litigation, commercial / business law and employment law.
Richard acts for individuals and SMEs and has developed an expertise in:-
- Settlement (compromise) agreements; and
- Contentious probate (Will disputes).
Richard also has a particular interest in dealing with Company shareholders’ agreements (and disputes).
Richard was a student at the College of Law in Guildford and qualified as a solicitor in 1980. He joined Downie & Gadban in 1998 and became a partner in 2007. Richard is married and lives in Guildford.
A few examples of matters recently carried out by Richard include:-
- Preparing a trust & confidence agreement containing detailed restrictive covenants for a company.
- Acting for a company preparing a sale and service agreement.
- Successfully concluding a contentious family probate dispute involving mental capacity and undue influence via independent mediation and settlement agreements.
- Advising a client in respect of boundary/squatters’ rights disputes up to and including First-tier Tribunal resulting in a settlement agreement.
- Advising and acting for a minority shareholder/director following their departure from a company requiring interpretation and negotiation of a shareholder agreement with specific reference to valuation of shares and successfully concluding a settlement agreement.