As Employment Solicitors we advise both private business employers and employees. We have experience on both sides and this enables us to be sensitive to all aspects of this area of the law. Employment law is technical and failure to follow the correct procedure can be prejudicial or harmful to your case and costly.
We can provide expert advice at an early stage to avoid unnecessary complication and expense.
Most aspects of employment law are covered, from the initial stages of a disciplinary or grievance process up to and including employment tribunal proceedings, or negotiating a settlement via a Settlement (Compromise) Agreement.
We advise employers on changes in legislation, preparation of employment contracts, staff handbooks, contracts for services/consultancy for self-employed business people and the drafting of settlement (Compromise) Agreements.
Specific areas we deal with include:
- Employment contracts directors service agreements and staff handbooks for employers
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures (including performance issues)
- Unfair dismissals/constructive unfair dismissals and breach of contract
- Long-term illness problems
- Data Protection
- Restraint of trade and restrictive covenants