TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
ABOUT US AND WHERE TO CONTACT US
- Downie & Gadban (“We/us”) is a firm of Solicitors having its office at Rockbourne House, 100 High Street, Alton, Hampshire GU34 1ER and are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in respect of the services that they provide to clients.
Please see our Contact Us page on this Website.
ACCESS AND ACCEPTANCE OF WEBSITE
- Other Terms and Conditions that Apply
- (a) Making changes to these terms
- We may amend these terms from time to time and we may make changes to our Website by updating it to reflect changes to our services, our user’s needs and business priorities.
- (b) We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- As we are unable to guarantee that our site or any content on it will be uninterrupted or always available, we reserve the right to suspend or withdraw or restrict availability of all or any part of our Website or business and/or operation reasons, but we will give you reasonable notice of this, should it occur.
- Access to Website
- All arrangements necessary for you to access our Website are your responsibility. Likewise, it is your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access our Website through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that these are abided by.
- Prohibited Use
- In accepting the terms/views of this Website, you agree not to generate or post any material that is not verified or approved by us or does not represent our own views or values. In particular this would include the following:-
- • Posting offensive, racial, sexual or discriminatory language.
- • Posting material that is defamatory or abusive or intended to lower the reputation of any person or organisation.
- • Any posting that impersonates anyone or invades anyone’s privacy or encourages conduct that may constitute a civil wrong or criminal offence.
- • Any posting where you do not have the necessary licence or consent to make a posting.
- Intellectual Property Rights (Trademarks, copyright etc)
- All trademarks, copyright or other intellectual property rights from this Website are owned by us or by a licensee of these, and all such rights are reserved.
- You may however print off one copy and may download extracts of any page(s) for your personal use, but you may not change the paper or digital copies of any materials or content that you have printed or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any images, photographs, graphics or the like separately from any accompanying text.
- You must also not use any part of the materials or Website for commercial purposes without obtaining the necessary licence for this.
- Viruses etc.
- Whereas we take all reasonable care to exclude viruses from our Website and emails, and use anti-virus software for this purpose, no liability will be accepted for any loss or damage caused through the downloading of viruses and users should use their own virus protection precautions.
- You are prohibited from using this Website for any unlawful purpose or misusing the site by introducing viruses, bugs, trojans, worms or other harmful material which is malicious or damaging in any way, and should you attempt to gain any unauthorised access to our Website, our server, computer or database that is connected to our Website you could be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- Links to our Website
- You are permitted to link to our Home page, provided this does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and that it is fair and legal. However, you must not establish a link from any Website that is not owned by you, or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, and we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Any linking to this Website must comply in all respects with the necessary content standards that apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site and which must be accurate and genuine.
- Links from our Website
- Where our Website contains links to other sites provided by third parties, such links are for your information only, and this does not imply that it has our endorsement or constitutes a recommendation of such linked Websites and we cannot accept responsibility for these in respect of any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such links.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or the enforceability of remaining provisions shall be unaffected.
- Entire Agreement
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and the user and supersede all other prior communications, proposals or promises whether in written electronic or other form.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the use of this Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Please see our separate Policy on this.